food friday...blackberry mojitos


blackberry mojitos, mojitos, cocktail recipes
I guess it depends on how you qualify food, but since this cocktail is made with one of my favorite foods I'm counting it. In May I was in Vegas and had a blackberry mojito that I was determined to try and recreate and this week I think I got pretty close. This is a great summertime drink and a super fun addition to a party.

Blackberry Mojito:
this recipe makes one pitcher (approximately 8 drinks in regular sized mason jars)

1 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
1 cup blackberries
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water heated until dissolved, then cooled)

2 cups rum (i use coconut rum)
2 cups soda water

crushed ice
limes, mint and blackberries for garnish

Mix top 4 ingredients in a blender until blackberries and mint are finely chopped and juiced (or you can muddle these ingredients if that method is preferred). Add rum and soda water and serve over a full glass of crushed ice. Top with garnishes for a great looking and even better tasting cocktail.

blackberry mojitos, mojitos, cocktail recipes
TGIF

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...