i love love...day 13

Bryan & Sarabeth, married 20 years

"Love is a many splendored thing. Love lifts us up where we belong. All you need is love!"


I fell in love with you when I was 18-years old. All it took was one night. You didn't even know. You walked into a room filled with one hundred other people, and you were aglow. Your smile. Your confidence. (Your curves.) But, maybe most importantly, your whole-hearted laugh. You had me. 

You weren't my valentine that year, but you have been every year since. I'm still star struck by you, my dear. I still can't believe that you'd have me.

You are my love, and you're all I need. 

Thanks much,
-Bryan


Bryan,


My mom always worried that I would go off to school and marry a long, tall, Texan and never come home. I'm not sure she considered what would happen if I married the tallest Texan I found and brought him back to Arkansas with me, but I'm so glad that's what happened.

I love the way you know me, the way you let me dream and then help me find ways to make those dreams happen.

I love the way you make me laugh. I love that there are years of shared jokes between us.

I love that now we've spent as much of our lives together as we have apart. I'm ready to tip the scales in the other direction now. I love that I look forward to whatever comes next with you.

I love your optimism, your fearless inappropriateness, your creativity, your generosity. I love that each of our kids has some of the best of you in them and that I get to watch you be their dad.

22 years ago, before we ever went on a first date, you told me that you used to like me but you didn't anymore. I still can't believe that line actually worked, but I'm grateful that it did. 

And also that you were lying. :)

Love you, Bryan Jones!

Sarabeth


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...