food friday...grilled shrimp salad with bacon vinaigrette

 Though I have to admit that as I type this I am burning a pumpkin candle and dreaming of soup and scarves, we have had a gorgeous and warm September in Arkansas and I have been soaking up my time at the grill.

 I think this recipe will carry well into fall and would pair great with tomato soup.

grilled shrimp salad with bacon vinaigrette:

6 slices of bacon (keep drippings for dressing)
3 hard boiled eggs
4-6 cups spinach
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 purple onion sliced

shrimp:
1 lb raw shelled and deveined shrimp
1 Tbsp olive oil
juice from half a lemon
5 basil leaves chopped
salt and pepper to taste
grill on medium heat until pink...i cooked on skewers, but could also do a grill basket

dressing:
3 Tbsp bacon drippings
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 clove of garlic chopped
3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
while heating bacon drippings combine all remaining ingredients and slowly whisk in with warm drippings. continue mixing until emulsified.


 We enjoyed this meal on the back porch on a summer like September day. In the picture below you can see that this salad is easily separated for a pickier eater. While my boys like all these ingredients they always eat a salad better when it is served sectioned out. It is a spoil I am willing to give in to.
 Have a happy friday!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...